Paediatric Occupational Therapist - sessional post
Self-employed sessional contract – to provide remote services via Zoom
We are developing our Occupational Therapy service to include a new online Trauma and Attachment-Informed Sensory Regulation intervention. Our 8-session online programme with adoptive and foster families aims to assist with regulation and co-regulation to enable the child to participate in their daily life activities.
We are looking to work with a qualified, registered Paediatric OT who
- Can provide a service on-line
- Can provide short-term interventions
- Has training and experience in delivering sensory integration interventions
- Has the ability to build open and trusting relationships
- Understands the unique needs of adopted and looked-after children and families
- Has experience of working with attachment insecurity and developmental trauma
The post benefits from being part of an innovative, responsive and developing service with flexible working hours, clinical supervision and remote working.
Interview dates: ASAP via Zoom
We are looking for an experienced Therapist, Therapeutic Social Worker or Clinical Psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary DDP-informed team led by Dr Ben Gurney-Smith, Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
The team provides a range of therapeutic interventions including Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy; Theraplay; Group Programmes and a range of clinical assessments.
The successful candidate will:
- Work therapeutically with families
- Work in a team where Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy (PACE) are at the heart of practice
- Be involved in undertaking assessments and therapy as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Be supported in DDP certification
- Receive both management and clinical supervision
- Have access to the wide range of therapeutic training provided by Adoptionplus
We are looking for applicants qualified in Social Work, Clinical Psychology or Psychotherapy with proven experience of working with adopted and/or looked after children and their families. This is a part-time post.
Closing date: 27 September 2020
Interview dates: ASAP
To find out more about this position please contact Jo Meyjes, Service Manager, on 01908 218251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or to request an application form please contact Sophy Osman email@example.com
We are always interested in hearing from therapists and people who would like to find out more about working for Adoptionplus, and you are welcome to contact us for an informal chat. Please feel free to call us on 01908 218251 or contact our HR Manager Sophy Osman on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be kept informed of any other opportunities in the future.
Equal Opportunities and DBS Checks
Adoptionplus is committed to equal opportunities and diversity, and we welcome enquiries from all sections of the community.
Adoptionplus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects everyone working with us to share this commitment.
We require all successful applicants to undertake a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) with Barred Lists check and all offers are subject to satisfactory checks and references.